During WordPress installation, there is usually an area where you are prompted to enter the name of your site as well as your tagline. At this time, you you may not have decided on the name of your website. So, you will most likely enter a random name and tag line just to get through the installation process. However, this is not a permanent situation as appears.
Most of the website titles and taglines are changed during WordPress support and maintenance. If you decide to change the name and tagline of your website at a later date, it is perfectly okay and possible.
You may be wondering what steps to take to change the site title of your website. In this tutorial, we will be taking a closer look at how to change site titles in a WordPress website. This will include detailed steps on how to do that.
How to Change Site Title in a WordPress website
- First log in to your WordPress dashboard.
- After logging in, find and select the option Settings on the dashboard. Click on the General option under settings.
- The page that loads is where we will be changing the site title and the tagline.
Quick note: Website URL’s differ from site to site. For example, you could have your website’s URL as demosite.com or as www.demosite.com, the latter being the most common method. However, there isn’t really a good or bad way but, whichever way you decide to have as your website’s URL, you must ensure that you are consistent for the sake of SEO. Differences in the URL will cost you greatly.
- You can decide to change the website’s URL to either of the above choices I have highlighted. If you open a new tab in your browser, and enter the new URL, your changes will have been effected. This is actually one way to increase your visibility on the internet.
- The next thing you want to do is to optimize your site title and tagline. What do I mean by this? Various websites, actually most of them have their website names as their brand or product names. If, for example, your website deals with online products, you could name your website as theonlinestore.com. In this case, if anyone searches for anything with the word online included, you can rank hiher in the result pages.
- The same needs to be done for the tagline. A tagline is basically a short description of your website. For example, if your website is an online store, you might consider entering ‘Online store for quality products’ as your tagline. This will also serve to optimize your website among various search engines available.
- Finally, after you are satisfied with your website’s URL as well as the site title and tagline, you can save your changes. Proceed to test your changes, just to ensure that everything is perfect.
- Congratulations, you have successfully changed your website title and tagline.
It is extremely easy to change your website title and tagline. However, you need to be very keen in order to increase your website’s visibility by optimizing your website’s title for search engines. Remember, that SEO is crucial for the success of your website on the internet. With this important note, I am confident that you are on the right track as far as WordPress titles and taglines are concerned.
If you are looking for WordPress support and maintenance services, please do not hesitate in contacting us or visit our website for more details.