Marketing and advertising are an important part of any business. Even for your website, advertising is key to success. How else will people know you exist if you do not let them know you do? In the recent past, advertising has taken a new turn. Nowadays, social media marketing is the in thing when it comes to advertising and marketing. Facebook is one key social media platform that businesses have taken to for their marketing.
Facebook Retargeting pixel.
I am sure that you have seen various websites advertise on Facebook. In simple terms, this is called Remarketing or retargeting. This is type of technology is commonly known as Facebook pixel.
What it does is that it saves cookies on the visitors browser. By so doing, Facebook will be able to retarget users that visit your website while on Facebook. Sounds complicated huh? Well, it is simple.
In this tutorial, we will be looking at the steps you should follow to add Facebook pixel to WordPress. Read on to find out how.
Adding Facebook Retargeting Pixel
- The first step would be to Log in to your Facebook account. Once logged in, on the menu bar, locate a dropdown and find Manage Adverts. Go to Tools > Pixels to set up your first Facebook pixel.
- A page will load with Create a Pixel Once you click on this button, a popup will be displayed. Enter the name of the pixel you wish. This could simply be the name of the product or your business name. Click on the Create Pixel button. A success message will be displayed to inform you that your pixel has been created.
- In the success message is a pixel ID as well. This ID is important if you have someone else managing your website. You can email your partner the pixel ID by clicking on the Email Pixel Code button.
- If you would like to install it yourself, click on Install Pixel Now. A pixel code will be displayed. Now, this pixel code is what you need to install on your WordPress site. So, what we will do is, copy the entire code.
Installing Facebook Pixel
This Facebook Pixel code should be added right before the </head> in the WordPress theme. To do this we need a plugin that will enable us to do this perfectly. Insert headers and Footer plugin will help us do this.
- So, to add this plugin, head over to your dashboard and locate plugins. Select Add New, and search for Insert Headers and Footers.
- Install this plugin. To add the code that we have just copied from the Facebook page, go to settings > Insert headers and footers.
- In the textbox provided, the one that contains some code, simply paste the code into the header. After that, go to the bottom of the page and save your changes.
- Congratulations, you have successfully installed the Facebook pixel on your website.
- To make sure that it is working, you could use the Facebook pixel helper on Chrome. Once you have added the plugin on chrome, you can select it and it will display the number of Facebook pixels you have added.
Creating Custom Audiences
We have now installed the Facebook pixel code on our WordPress website, the next step will be to create custom audiences for the Facebook ads.
With custom audiences, you are able to target a certain audience. It could be the visitors that visit your website, those that like your page or even those that signed up for your mailing list.
To create custom audiences, follow the simple steps below
- Go to your Facebook Ads Manager dashboard and locate Tools. Under Tools, select Audiences.
- A page will load showing you the type of audiences available. Choose the type of audience you intend to target on Facebook. In our case, we will select Create a Custom Audience.
- Another popup will be displayed for you to choose the type of audience you prefer. For this tutorial we will be going for Website traffic.
- Facebook will then ask you for the type of website audience that you want to target. There is a list of various preferences, but you can also choose a custom combination. We will select Anyone who visits your website for now.
- The next step is to choose the duration in days that your visitors visited your website.
- Last but not least, you will have to enter a name for your audience. Something that will relate to your type of audience and will be easy to remember.
- Click on create audience once done to create your first custom audience.
- You can follow this process to create even more audiences.
Adding Facebook pixel to your WordPress website will be of great benefit to your business. As you have seen, you can reach a lot of people by using Facebook as a marketing tool.
I hope this article has been of great benefit to you. Stay posted for more tutorials and insightful articles.
Contact us today or visit our website and view amazing plans that are available. There is something for everyone.